|Does Manny Pacquiao (Pacman) live here?|
|It might be a bit outside my Los Angeles real estate beat, but I couldnít resist giving LA fans a glimpse of the Pacmanís San Diego home. But is it really the home of the WBC Lightweight Champion, Manny Pacquiao? I really donít know for sure. |
So help me out. Iíll tell you what I know about the house based upon public records and a little Google intelligence and you tell me what you think. Call it an assignment for you sports fan/detectives of the world.
Here are the facts about the home:
- Itís the only home that came up in my search of US homes owned by a "Manny Pacquiao"
- This Google Earth photo came up when I ran the address
- The home was built in 1978 and is located about five miles east of Sea World
- A modest four bedroom 2.5 bath home, it offers about 2,000 square feet of living space and a 5,900 sq foot lot
- Its estimated value in todayís market is around $450,000 (obviously, the Pacman can afford more than this!)
- The propertyís assessed value is about $244,000 and its 2008 taxes were close to $1360
And here are some interesting facts that could be related:
- ESPN filmed Shawne Merriman of the San Diego Chargers stopping by Mannyís house for dinner not long ago
- The Pac Man was reported to attend a training camp in May in (you guessed it) San Diego
- Manny fought Oscar De La Hoya on September 25th in (right again) San Diego -- at the Sycuan Casino, to be exact
So whatís your vote -- do you sports detectives think this is Manny's pad?
I wouldnít have posted this story if I didnít think I was right. And for those rabid fans who will call me out for even hinting at the Pacmanís living location -- hey, if they track down movie stars (and they do), why not a guy who beats peopleís heads in for a living? If it makes you feel any better, drive around Sea World long enough and you might run into him and get an autograph. Just donít tell him I sent you.